SCM002 – SAFETY COURSE FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS
Duration: 1 Week
COST: N 10,000.00
All those hoping to pursue a career in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. It is also a good course for making children and youth aware of safety rules and guide in day to day electrical handling.
DETAILS: This course is to teach of the hazards in handling electrical equipment at home, work, industry or general places. It shows the risk involved in all these places; the extent of damage that can be caused; how to mitigate risks; how to handle electric accidents and their effects.
- Describe electrical shock and its causes
- List the effects of electric current on the human body
- Explain shock hazards when working around power sources
- Identify sources of static charges and its damage to sensitive components;
- Describe static charge prevention straps, mats and grounding
- List tools used to prevent hazards in the workplace and in the field
- Describe lockout and tagging rules for unsafe electrical or mechanical hazards
- Explain where eye and ear protection are needed
- List safety concerns related to the National Electrical Code.
- Fire accidents and their causes
- Describe the types and usage of fire extinguishers
- Workplace safety practices and rules
- Workplace first aid guide
- Handling workplace accident victims