Certificate in Solar power design and installation
SCM008 – CERTIFICATE IN SOLAR POWER DESIGN AND INSTALLATION
DURATION: 6 Months
|Target Audience:||Intending Solar Power designer and installer – This course is to teach green power principles and build expert installers. You may need the certificate course in electronics (SCM005) before this course.|
- Fundamentals of solar panels
- Review of Ohm’s law
- Understanding measurements KWHr, KVA, KW
- Ratings of common house appliances
- Load study, calculation and analysis
- Fundamentals of green revolution
- Principles of operation of solar panels
- Types of Solar panel and applications
- Batteries and applications
- Types of batteries and applications
- Deep cycle batteries operation and principles
- Determination of battery capacity and backup period.
- Charge Controllers
- Types, Modes, Design, sizing and Functions of charge controllers
- Connections and applications of charge controllers.
- Principle of operation of inverters
- Types, functions and application of inverters.
- Selection and sizing of Inverters
- Combining Solar with Inverter systems
- Design principles of solar inverter systems
- Cable types, sizing and selection
- Cable connections and repairs
- Solar system fault diagnosis and clearing.
- Ohm’s Law principles
- Parallel and Series connection principles.
- Application of parallel and series connection to batteries and solar systems
- Connection of charge controllers
- Connection of inverters and batteries
- Connection of solar systems.